Needham, MA, 02492
Joined on April, 2014
Any day at any time
Up to 15 minutes away for no additional charge
EducationUniversity of Notre Dame, South Bend, Indiana. Master of Fine Arts in English (Creative Writing), May 1996.
Saint Michael’s College, Colchester, Vermont.
Bachelor of Arts in English, Magna Cum Laude, May 1993.
• “Smoke on the Water,” a short story optioned by Kingdom Country Production, and will be adapted into an independent film.
• Work-study scholar (waiter), Bread Loaf Writer’s Conference, Middlebury, VT. (August 2001).
• Featured Speaker, Saint Michael's College Second Annual English Department Alumni Reader Series (February 2002).
• MacDowell Colony Fellow, The MacDowell Colony, Peterborough, NH. (Winter/Spring 2002).
• Georges and Anne Borchardt Scholarship Award winner, Sewanee Writer's Conference, Sewanee, TN. (July 2002).
• "Simple Machines," a short story, was short-listed for a 2002 O'Henry Prize Award and also appeared in the Special Mentions section of The Pushcart Prize XXVII: Best of the Small Presses, 2003 Edition.
• Robert M. MacNamara Foundation Fellow, The Robert M. MacNamara Foundation, Westport Island, ME. (Spring 2003)
• Virginia Center for the Creative Arts Fellow, Virginia Center for the Creative Arts, Sweet Briar, VA. (Fall 2003).
• MacDowell Colony Fellow, The MacDowell Colony, Peterborough, NH. (Winter 2004 - 2005).
•“The Speed of Sound” appeared in New England Review, Volume 20, Number 4, (Fall 1999).
•“Smoke on the Water” appeared in New England Review, Volume 21, Number 2 (Spring 2000).
•“An Americanized Pooka in Love” appeared in Third Coast (Spring 2000).
•“The Age of Diminishing Expectations” appeared in Notre Dame Review, Number 11 (Winter 2001).
•“Simple Machines” appeared in New England Review, Volume 22, Number 3 (Summer 2001).
•“We Are Legion” appeared in Salt Hill (Volume 10/11).
•"A Hermit's Diary" appeared in Pindeldyboz (Volume 2).
•"The Cocktail Napkin Memoirs of a Pub Boy" appeared in Denver Quarterly, Volume 38, Number 1 (Summer 2003).
•Practicing writer of literary fiction producing short stories, novels, book reviews.
•Editing manuscripts for clients for publication.
•Providing professional feedback and guidance for clients on their manuscripts throughout the creative process.
•Maintaining confidentiality and privacy for clients for all professional services.
Advanced Fiction Workshop – WP311A, Emerson College, Boston, Massachusetts, Fall 2000.
•Oversaw an intensive fiction workshop for upperclassmen focusing on the craft of fiction writing.
English 101-20: Writing I, Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, Massachusetts, Fall 2000.
English 101-43: Writing I, Bridgewater State College, Bridgewater, Massachusetts, Fall 2000.
• Conducted introductory composition classes for incoming freshmen shepherding students through the writing process from inception to polished essay.
HobbiesI enjoy spending time with family, especially my wife and young son. We like to get outside when the weather is fine and go for walks with our beloved Golden Retriever Molly. In my free time I enjoy reading novels, working on my own writing, and watching the Red Sox.
Inquire about this tutor
The tutor will respond if they are available/interested.